Curator: Shaurya Sharma
Final replace: July 22, 2023 at 12:10 pm EST
San Francisco, California, USA
Android customers can now pre-register for the OpenAI ChatGPT app on the Google Play Retailer, with an official launch scheduled for subsequent week. It has been virtually two months for the reason that iOS model of the app was launched, however till just lately, the launch date for the Android model was unknown.
OpenAI introduced on Twitter that the ChatGPT app for Android customers shall be obtainable subsequent week and that pre-orders are already obtainable on the Google Play retailer.
Presently, Android customers can entry the Generative AI platform by visiting the ChatGPT web site in a browser. Nonetheless, if the iPhone app is any indication, customers may anticipate a extra user-friendly interface, and maybe the Android model may even supply haptic suggestions – as iOS does – when interacting with the app’s UI.
Additionally, based mostly on the screenshots posted on the Play Retailer itemizing, the app’s interface is just about the identical besides for a way the menus work. The three-dot menu on iOS has been changed by the Android-style hamburger menu within the high left nook on Android.
To pre-register with the ChatGPT Android app, comply with these steps:
- Open the Google Play Retailer in your Android gadget.
- Seek for “ChatGPT” or click on Right here.
- Click on Set up.
- A dialog field will seem informing you that the applying shall be mechanically put in when it’s obtainable.
- That is all! The app will mechanically obtain and set up in your Android gadget when it turns into obtainable.
- You may as well flip off the “set up mechanically” toggle when you’d quite set up the app manually when it turns into obtainable.